The 3 Baby Guinea Pigs

Once upon time there was 3 baby guinea pigs and Milly was their mum. They were able to see and could walk and had fur when they were born. But most amazingly of all, like a true guinea pig they could eat hay straight away! They did not have any teeth.
There were 4 baby guineas pigs born but one died, it was very sad. We had to put it in the bin, I mean the little baby guinea pig. After a few days, my mum wanted to hold the baby guinea pigs. But I was scared because we looked up on Google that baby guinea pigs can’t be picked up until one week of age. So, we didn’t pick up the baby guinea pigs. One day I was feeding the guinea pigs and I wanted to pat one baby guinea pig. They were under a blanket so I put my hand under the blanket but did I know that I would not pat the guinea pig, but I would accidently hold the guinea! I held the little baby guinea pigs. Every day we tried to determine if they were a boy or girl. It was so hard as they are so wiggly and movety. One day we did one then the next the second. But number three was the hardest. It kept moving. And squirming. And it was so furry we couldn’t determine if it was a boy or a girl. Finally, after 5 days we found out it was a girl!
It was nearly time to split them up, I mean taking them to live with the boys or girls. We did the boys first because there was only one boy. We left mum Milly and the baby girls in the same cage. When we put the boy baby guinea pig with the daddy guinea pig, his name is Chocolate, Chocolate was hopping on the baby guinea pig and it was scary to watch. I was scared that the baby guinea pig was getting hurt but he didn’t.
That night my mum looked up a video that said it was fine so the next time we did it my mum put the baby first then the grandpa and then Chocolate and that way Chocolate didn’t stand on him. They didn’t hurt the baby after all and they live a happy life and this is actually a real true story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!