A Cats Perspective

Abandoned by my owners on the side of the road, I wondered what did I ever do wrong? I sat on the road late at night. No one had been on the road for a while...

All of a sudden I heard something... A car!! It was heading straight for me! I didn't know what to do so I sat still and waited. I felt a rush of cold air above me and then the car stopped in front of me. I watched as a lady walked out. She had dark brown curly hair. She looked worried as she continued to walk towards me.

She bent down and picked me up. She carried me back over to her car, started it and continued driving. I was curled up on the seat next to her. We weren't driving for long when she pulled over again. She got out of the car picked me up and carried me inside a building. In there I saw a man with short brown hair. He said "where did ypu find this one?" The lady replied saying on dunheavead road. "I ran over him but he went straight under the car." She continued.

They carried me into a bedroom that had a walk in wardrobe and an onsuit. She open the sliding door and placed me inside. I wasn't very tired so I ran around the room investigating. In the morning, she came back and pickede up. She carried me out to a office where there was a sliding door. She slid it open to where I saw three children. A younger boy, a girl and the older brother. They were happy and smothered me with attention.

I was still tired as I didn't really sleep last night. The man said not to get attached to me as someone might be looking for me. He said that they would take me to the vet today to see if I was chipped.

I slept with the girl for a little and later I was given some warm milk. I was hungry so I drank it straight away. Then the man picked me up and pit me in a cage. He carried me out to a much larger car and drove for a while when he stopped at a vet. He grabbed the cage I was in and carried me inside.

This place was full of other animals in cladding dogs and other cats. After waiting for a while I was taken inside a room where a young lady stood wearing blue gloves. She grabbed a needle and stuck it in me.

I woke up a little drozy back at the house with the girl. I heard the lady with the brown hair say that we would be keeping him, and his name was skittles. All the kids were very excited, and so was I.

I have been with this family for almost a year now and I love it here. My name is skittles and that was my story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!