The Flaming Store

BANG! BANG! BANG!Danny tried to to smash through the blocked doors. “Okay”, Danny muttered to himself as he took 3 steps back “last time.” He sprinted as fast as he could through the heat. CRASH! He was out he was out he was finally out! Danny felt the fresh breeze of the night blowing through his hair. He felt really weak, sweat was dripping down his face. He could hear the crackling of the fire fading away and then, everything went black…

Danny Gray lived with his mum as an only child. One day Danny decided to go to the store to buy a new gaming console that he wanted. He begged his mum to let him go, “Fine,” she replied, “take this money and be careful.”

Danny weaved through the crowd until, finally he got to the counter where a tall, man was standing. He had a fur coat, a long black goatee and a black fedora covering the rest of his face. “Vot do you vont?” He asked in a deep, thick Russian accent.
“That!” Danny said as pointing at the poster.
“Come”
Danny followed the man into a hall, which was getting darker and darker. “Umm…are you sure this-” WHOOSH! Danny couldn’t see anything nor could he breathe. He felt someone dragging him, forcing him into a sitting position. The rough fabric of a sack got pulled off of his face.

A great blinding light shined into Danny’s eyes. The first thing he saw was Viktor Volkov, a dangerous criminal. Next to him was the hat that he was wearing earlier before. In his left hand was a gasoline container and in his right, a lighter.

Before it even clicked to Danny what Viktor was doing, the whole room erupted into flames. Danny struggled with the ropes tying him to his chair. Danny looked at the orange flames whipping around in his direction. Danny had an idea but it was risky, as the flames whipped closer Danny leaned towards them until the rope burned off of him. He ran and ran looking for Viktor.

“Viktor!” Danny shouted but it was too late, Danny watched as Viktor grabbed a large mallet and hurled it through the smoke. CRASH! The ceiling crashed in front of the exit.’ This is it, ’Danny thought, ‘ I’m trapped, there’s no way ’ out.

Most of the building was engulfed in flames this really was the end. But then it hit him “the mallet,” Danny muttered “of course, Viktor left it in here!” Danny ran to the exits and with all his might heaved it toward the chaos.

BANG! Nothing. BANG! Still nothing. Danny took 3 steps back “one more” Danny muttered. He charged towards the blocked exits. CRASH! Danny looked around, he was actually out!
He woke up in the hospital. Once the doctor explained his conditions he headed out.
“So,” said Mrs Gray “did you get that thing you wanted”
“Yeah,” Danny replied, grinning, “nicked it on the way out.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!