Night Light

I was swept away at the dark of night, not a single peep was made. They were walking with such pride, and yet they were as silent as a feather. They carried me, holding my back within their arms, treating me as if I were an antique cup. The way they communicated with others, it was if they were happy with life, although they took me for a reason, they must be regretting their decision by now. I cried and cried, almost screaming, this didn't make sense, why was I being taken. Maybe I was going to a better place but I wouldn't know. When they stopped walking, they set me down, laying my back on. "Who be the on that swiped me", but alas they had left. I looked up to see a bigger man, he was like a oversized marshmallow but if looks could kill. He hugged me, thanking me for what I've done, but I didn't do anything. It occurred that I couldn't remember who I was and I could only remember when they were running. The man acclaimed to be my relative and wanted to take me in, I was scared but I needed a place to go. I got up and he took me by the hand. When we arrived to his place he had wacked me on the head with a pan. My head felt like it was splitting into two, my vision was blurr, I laid my head at rest. When I awoke I couldn't remember a thing but the wind was blowing my hair away. I was swept away at the dark of night, noise followed me everywhere. There was metal contraptions moving as fast as a bullet. There was noise following me everywhere we went. The man that took me, he was screaming in pain, then I felt it, the shock of the object scared me half to death. He was shot. He fell over and plumped to the ground. I got up in disbelief, I stared the metal contraption in the eye. The bullet hit me in the leg, I almost stumbled over but I could stand up after a while. The men that shot me asked me something but I zoned out. What a wonderful world I am in now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!