The Flight To Russia

“Wow!” exclaimed Angella “We have finally reached the Indian Ocean, but still far away from Australia to Russia!” Angella and her dog Truffle have travelled for 5 hours on the aircraft they borrowed from their uncle that used to be a pilot. She wished that she didn’t have to wear so much clothing including goggles for flying. “If only these clothes were a bit more comfortable so I can be relaxed” complained Angella. Suddenly, the engine broke down and made a rustling noise. Angella thought fast and saw a cargo ship and had an idea.

“I have an idea Truffle!” expressed Angella “If we land on that cargo ship, then we can ask the sailor if we can stay until we get back onto dry land!” They steered the aircraft to the cargo ship. Once they landed safely they jumped out and asked the sailor what they wanted to ask. “Woof, Woof!” barked Truffle. They were waiting patiently but the sailor said no because the cargo ship was sinking instead of bobbing up and down on the water.

Angella and Truffle were depressed because it means that they need to swim. The cargo ship can only hold another aircraft with the cargoes and the only sailor and manager. “At least this kind of clothing is like a life jacket since it can float!” mentioned Angella “This clothing is definitely useful!” They got ready and jumped into the ocean sea. They began swimming and searching for dry land to live on when Angella had an idea to follow the cargo ship to dry land. Angella and Truffle swam towards the cargo ship to follow it and buy another aircraft to fly to their destination.

Once they were on the harbour, they were exhausted and tired of swimming. Angella and Truffle rested on the beach to refresh. Where they were resting, they were not welcome because of what language they spoke. They swam all the way to India, still far away from Russia. They searched and searched for a aircraft store but they couldn’t find one. Next, they realised they were not welcome into the country because they couldn’t understand them or speak their language. Angella could only speak English and Russian, not what the Indians speak in their community. Truffle and Angella tried many ways to try and understand what the Indians are saying to them, until she had an idea to use google translate with her phone to translate what the Indians are saying to English. They searched the web on how to for how to make a working wooden plane out of wooden planks. They made a wooden plane and tested it. It worked! Angella and Truffle travelled to Russia and the plane never broke down during the flight from Australia to India and India to Russia. “Mission Accomplished!” exclaimed Angella “Now, how do I land this thing?” she asked. After 20 minutes of thinking, Angella thought of a way to land. Then, Angella made the landing and they got out of the wooden plane.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!