Macy Lacey And Going To WhiteHeads

Macy Lacey was an ordinary 9-year-old who lived in Banksfrie Town, with her mother and father. She had no siblings, for she was an only child. She was a nice and well-behaved child. She was soon going to a boarding school, Whiteheads. Her mum Lucy often said that Macy was an ebullient child. Macy’s dad often praised her about her generosity. She was also quite smart, with teachers saying she’s SO charismatic. Her favourite subjects were always writing and maths, in writing she always came up with excellent stories and in maths, she was as fast as a calculator! Adults and teachers often praised her about this, and she was as proud as can be. Then came the day of going off to boarding school. The taxi was waiting outside and bringing her trunk into the boot. Macy knew they were going to be early, so she spent a minute looking into the mirror. “It’s quite pretty!” she said.
“Admiring yourself?” It was Macy’s mum. “I must say, Whiteheads has a stunning uniform. I know the head very well Macy, we used to go to school together. Do try to make friends there Macy, and on the holidays she or he can come and stay!” Soon after, Macy was at the train station and saying goodbye to Mrs Lacey. She hopped on the train but a girl said to her that she needed to go see their class mistress, Miss Deana. After she had said good morning to Miss Deana, she hopped on the train while Miss Deana crossed her off the list of students. There was an immense amount of chatter as it was the first term back. Macy expected no one to approach her, for she was the new girl. But she was wrong. A girl who looked smart, kind and well-behaved gently approached her. They chatted on the train, the whole way to the school. They soon became friends and noticed that they took liking in the same subjects. They noticed Jasmine, the spoilt girl who was in their dorm. Emma, Macy’s friend, gave Macy a whole tour of the school. It was quite a small one, but it seemed fine to them. Emma soon found out from a letter that they lived quite close at home. Emma was in her second term, and knew all about Whiteheads, so Macy soon found out too. Macy found the work quite easy and wasn’t far from the top of the board. In the eighth week, Macy soon found that Emma wasn’t as behaved as she looked. Emma swore and played pranks on the teachers. She would do naughty things at break and violate the rules. Soon Macy felt the urge to be besties with her, so she copied. When half-term came, Mrs Lacey visited Macy. Oh boy! Was she in for a surprise! She felt like her daughter had changed overnight! Macy was a complete disaster. Her mother was ashamed!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!