Ralf

When we lived at walker’s lane, we bought Ralf. He was adorable with brown hair, and he was an American staffy. Then things changed. We moved to newgrove road near Homewood. We had a double story house and lived on a hill. Benno my stepdad called his dad and asked him to build an enclosure outside for Ralf. It was great! He could run around, and we could play with him! I used to spend my time playing cars on the driveway and play Lego downstairs. I also played with Ralf. Then along came my little sister out of the tummy! We named her Gwen Ida Ledingham. Ralf got along with Gwen alright. When Gwen was about six months old, we moved again. The owner of the house wanted to sell it. We wanted to buy the house but didn’t have enough money. We moved to thirty A saint Leonard’s road. We fixed the place up a bit. It was annoying to start of with because the rooms were all different colours. After we painted the rooms and fixed all the broken windows it was alright for a bit. Ralf always wanted to be free. We treated him as good as we could, but he still wanted to be a free dog. He’d run off like two times per week. Then one day mum got a bad phone call. A bus driver had hit Ralf with a bus. We all felt so sad. The bus driver felt so sorry for us. Nowadays Ralf is buried in the back right corner of our yard. We feel so sad about it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!