Camp Catastrophe

Tick tock tick tock. As rain turned to snow, I watched the kids from the neighbourhood have snowball fights and make snowmen while was stuck in my room, grounded. Of course, this wasn't the first time I've been grounded and I highly doubt that it'll be the last, this was just the first time that I actually REGREAT what I did.

It all started two Wednesdays ago when Mrs Timber was calling out our names to go to the grade 6 camp. I was in a cabin group of 4. Mathew
my best friend, his sister, Lucy and her best friend Alice. Lucy and Alice were in the other grade 6 class and they were both really smart. The night before, we all went to Alice's house for a sleepover. We watched this movie about these three friends who go to camp and have the best time pranking each other so I wanted our camp to be like that. Fortunately Mathew and Alice were not the best at pranking the only person I was actually worried about pranking me was Lucy but I think that this camp might be different...

" Alice Thyme" Mrs Timber said as she marked Alice's name of the roll. "Right here miss!" Alice yelled as she dragged her enormous suitcase. It was no surprise Alice was late because she's always late. Lucy went to help Alice carry her suitcase. "Wow Alice your suitcase is so heavy what did you put in it!?" Lucy complained. "Oh just stuff for pranking" Alice smiled a secret smile. We were staying at this place called Hotel Oasis and it was a five star hotel and the rooms came with a kettle and an iron. Lucy was afraid of fire so I had the best prank in mind.
Once we got to the hotel, Mrs Timber showed us to our room. "I bags top bunk!" We all yelled. Lucy and Alice are on the school basketball team and have the best aim so of course their sleeping bags landed on the top bunk. Later that night Mrs Timber came to our room and said that it was time to sleep. I waited for a bit until everyone was asleep to pull my prank. I started by turning on the Iron so that the smell of something burning will fill the room. Then, I plugged the kettle in the port next to where the iron was plugged in. Once the kettle had finished boiling, I quickly hid it in the cabinet so the steam would come out the opening in the top and I could call it smoke. Then I woke everyone up and told them that there was a fire in the cabinet.

"Okay everyone grab a cup of water and pour it in the cabinet!" Mathew demanded. But Lucy wasn't there. I noticed the door open and saw Lucy going from door to door warning the others about our fire. She was only 2 doors away form the principals' room I tried to stop her, but it was too late. Once the principal found out that it was a prank I got in BIG trouble. Fast forward three days and here I am, stuck in my room. Ahh well, maybe next year I'll prank Lucy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!