Dawn To Dusk

I lay down on my bed, one arm wrapped around my cat
tight. My cat was staring out the window. At that moment and that time I wondered what she was thinking about. So I stared out the window too. My head was squished comfortably against hers, my eyes were fixed on one point. I lifted my head up and looked at her and I said what are you staring at, she just laid her head down.

I tilted my head up and laid my chin on the bed. I watched the bats fly by and saw how lovely it was watching the trees swish and sway in the wind. I counted how many trees I could see in my backyard. 1...5…..11….16….21. You know there used to be 22 but one got taken down. I remember the really sharp spikes on the tip of the man's boots and the way they shined in the beautiful warming sun. He climbed up the tree with his boots digging into the tree and sawed down the tree piece by piece of the magnificent tree, but it was falling down so at least there was a reason for its sacrifice.

I continued watching out the window. It was joy to my heart to see all the bats fly by and feel the fresh calming wind in my face (the windows were open). Watching as the sky faded from beautiful oranges and reds to a dark navy blue, gradually more and more stars appeared in the sky, everything got foggy once my eyes shut leaving me in a deep sleep to enjoy the calming sun the next day.

The next morning came and I found myself with a cat playing the piano on my head at 5:34am. She did this every morning in order to get some food. I sat up with my eyes barely open, I was squinting, I turned around to hear the harmony of the birds wide awake in the trees. The sunrise was so beautiful and awakening so I decided to get up and feed my cat. I scooped her up in my arms and gave her a tight hug, then I began to make my way out of my bed . As I tiptoed down the stairs trying to not wake anyone, my cat jumped out of my arms and ran all the way to the laundry where her food was kept.

I finally reached the laundry and scooped up some cat food and placed it into the bowl. I lay my head on the countertop and watched her as she slowly began to eat her food. I walked toward the back door and glanced outside, I slowly opened the door cautiously slid the door open and sat outside on the chair. I wondered what would happen next but I didn't have any time to think because my eyes shut and I had fallen asleep due to the early morning awakening.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!