Rambo surprise

Rambo Surprise

It was a beautiful day at the suburb of Wellington. The sun was high in the sky, meaning it was time for lunch. Judy called out across the backyard of the Rambo residence to a small wooden shed. Inside was Roger, Judy’s husband. He had been lately working on something, something that he didn’t want to share with anyone, something suspicious… She asked him what he wanted on his sandwich, the answer was the usual.
”Whatever’s in the pantry”, he muttered.
Judy shrugged her shoulders and went inside to look for “whatever’s in the pantry”. Judy, thinking that Roger needs lightening up she puts her most hated filling of all on his sandwich…carrots. She sniggered to herself knowing he would hate it, very, very much. Just when she had finished making the sandwich the door to the shed creaked open and Roger came out shutting the door behind him, making certain it was locked. He came in through the wire door, sat down at the table and began eating the carrot sandwich. A few minutes later Judy was shocked to no extent to see an empty plate in front of her, he had finished the hated sandwich, she thought to herself. Judy knew that there was something wrong with Roger or that he is taking his work in the shed far too seriously.
Over the next couple of days Judy noticed that Roger went back and forth from the shed to the house with a number of different power tools. She thought to herself that something strange was going on. That night when Judy was in bed she couldn’t stop thinking about the thing that Roger was working on. When she had stopped thinking she got up, put her slippers on and walked down the stairs. As she went out the door she made sure that no noises would wake Roger and continued on across the backyard to the shed. She walked up to the shed and peered through the window, she saw absolutely nothing since the glass was opaque. Disappointed, Judy returned to bed. The very next day Judy woke up to a lovely warm summers day, to her surprise Roger had gotten up before her. Knowing where he would be Judy walked down the stairs, out the door and across the backyard. When she got close to the shed she heard a loud creaking noise as the shed collapsed in front of her. Out of the dust cloud came a wooden statue of two people standing side by side, dressed in wedding attire. From behind the statue Roger shouted to Judy.
“Happy Anniversary, Honey.”
An astonished Judy ran over to Roger and gave him a big warm hug.
Then Judy whispered in his ear, “Thankyou, it’s wonderful.”

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!