Olly The Ostrich

“Hello there, my name is Olly and I am an awesome, astonishing, animated Ostrich” Olly boasted “let me show you around MY territory an excellent one to… don’t you ever get the feeling some one is following you or your being watched?, well I have that feeling at the moment” Olly suspiciously claimed. Olly turned around to see the shadow of her arch enemy, a sharped tooth, large eared, flat pawed, spotty and stubborn hyena.
“Hello there, Harry” Olly hissed “I suspect you’re here for an egg, aren’t you?”
“you guessed right, I am here for an egg, and a delectable one to” Harry hyena said while claiming an egg greedily.
The good thing is last night the eggs had hatched, so harry had nothing to look forward to. If he was desperate for an egg and really wanted to get past to the nest, which fortunately Oscar (Olly’s husband) was sitting on. Besides Olly could call in backup, which she did.
“car, car, car” a crowd of ostriches came running at 70km out of bushes, rocks and long grass the baby’s herd and wanted to see what all the commotion was about, little wobbly legs and striped feathers hid behind the towering legs of the grownups “you better be out of here” Olly and all the other ostriches protested
“O-o-o-ok, I understand” Harry said sacredly. In a flash, he darted away into the distants.
All the humans that were watching scurried off to do normal activities, and that is the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!