David Attenborough

Our Planet, Planet Earth, Blue Planet, the list is endless of the documentaries Sir David Attenbourough has been a part of. I can guarantee every person at some stage of their life will watch at least one of David's Documentaries. They are inspiring, educational, amazing and sometimes worrying. I believe Sir David Attenborough is the most influential person on - Our Planet

Firstly David Attenborough has spent over six decades creating documentaries from every continent on the globe. The purpose of these documentaries are to educate, inspire and maintain a historical record. Have you ever heard of the Jesus Christ Lizard? It can run on water. The Basilisk lizard from South America can run on water at speeds of 48 Kilometres per hour. AND Did you know that 80 percent of life on earth lives in our oceans? There is so much you can learn from watching David Attenborough Documentaries.

Secondly, his documentaries are easily accessible from our TV’s and streaming services. This means that we don't have to leave the comfort of our homes to go deep into the jungles of Papua New Guinea, cross the scorching Gobi desert or dive deep into our oceans. With the COVID restrictions on travel, we are able to experience these places from our lounge rooms and dream of one day traveling there. Or we may stick to our usual holiday destinations as the idea of going deep into a jungle of creepy crawlies and leeches is not quite our cup of tea.

Finally, David Attenborough inspires me to care for our planet. From watching his documentaries and learning about animals and how they live, hunt, care for their young, attract a mate, and survive, inspires me to look after OUR PLANET, and make sure these animals won't become extinct. Through his documentaries he influences people to help with climate change by showing the effects on our planet from oil spills, global warming, deforestation and ocean temperatures rising - causing coral bleaching.

David Attenborough has shown us how amazing our world is and that we need to care for it and do something about saving it. Therefore I believe he is the most influential person on Our Planet.
Finally from the influential words of David Attenborough, we need to remember that ‘ In every moment of every day, there’s a choice to be made. If we all make our choices with nature in mind, then together we’ll find a way to live in balance with the natural world. After all, we are nature, and we need it to survive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!