Passed

A gentle breeze sways down below me, I remember when this was my town. Now I no longer live here, I’ve passed to another life. But now all there is in this abandoned town is drought, death and depression.

I worshipped the old days. The days before I passed when rain was pouring all day long, when the streets were filled with people and communities were thriving. But now it no longer rains and this town is abandoned.

Yet the day I passed was a sad day, a depressing day. The day this town died. The rumbling grey abyss rolls over this bright town, a strike of lightning slams to the ground with a clap of thunder following closely after. Sand plummets to the ground at amazing speeds engulfing anything in its path and devouring its prey.

As I sprint into an old crimson house, ducking, diving and dodging. Trying not to get whacked by flying objects flung from wall to wall with the harsh wind and large amounts of sand. The sand storm rages outside while I’m stuck inside hiding. People are dying every second from grit-filled air engulfing their lungs and burying them in the sand.

I bolt to my only way out of this tragic event I pedal, faster, faster, faster but there is no chance of getting out of this tragic event. The sand storms boiling hot sand as hot as the sun finally engulfs me and freezes this entire town in time. This is the day that my town died.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!