I AM PROUD TO BE A TASMANIAN TIGER!

My story begins on a hot summer's day. In a cage... well I never thought I would be saying that. Life as a Tasmanian tiger isn't easy I have people watching my every move, banging on my cage and pulling weird faces. Why cant life just be normal again? I'm tired of being picked on and stared at. How would people like it if they were shoved in a cage and left there to be stared at?

Why did this happen in the first place ... Well it all started in (1936) the Tasmanian tiger, nearly extinct, and to scientists the Tasmanian tiger now known as the thylacine. Afterwards, Alison Reid was evicted from her cottage in the Hobart Zoo in (1936). The black panther and the Bengal tiger died in (1936). The lions were shot in (1937) as no buyer could be found for them. The last thylacine also died in (1936). After its death, thylacines were officially declared protected species.

This is why we are gone I say... the end.





I wrote this so people can recognise what we have done. I would love to win... but I did this not just to win but win for the Tasmanian tigers.



THANK YOU FOR READING THIS:)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!