I Got Lost In A Candy Store

Kate, Ben and Maddy, went to the candy store on the weekend. They hoped they wouldn’t get lost, because the candy store was very big. They were very hungry too. After spending one hour exploring, they heard a bang down the back corner of the store.
They went to investigate.
Turns out a box of sour worms fell off the shelf and onto the floor. Ben heard another noise, this time Kate and Maddy screamed. They all looked at each other and wondered, should they check what the noise was? Kate wasn’t ready to go home, Maddy said, “We need to find a way to get out of this candy store.” Ben said, “We need to go see what that noise was. It may help us get out. “
As they walked towards the middle of the store, the lights went out. Kate screamed. Kate said, “Something just ran over my foot!' It was a mouse! It then jumped on Maddy and Maddy screamed. "Arrrrrr!" The lights started flickering but then finally came back on. Kate thought the candy store owner could help them get out of the candy store, so they went to find him.
The candy store was soooo enormous that Kate and Maddy thought that they would never find their way out of the store.
"How much longer are we going to be here at the candy store?" said Ben. Kate shrugged her shoulders. She didn’t know how or when they would get out. It was getting kind of creepy. Then Maddy had an idea. She ran back to tell the others. “Let’s try to find the key to the back door,” Maddy announced. Kate found a clue. "This might help us find out where the key is". "You might be right Kate," Maddy said.
Ben, Kate and Maddy wandered around trying to find the back door. They knew that they would eventually find it. When they finally found the back door of the candy store, they also found the owner. He could see they were lost so he asked if he could help. Ben tried unlocking the back door. "Do you need help getting the key in the back door?" the owner asked. "Yes we do." So, the candy store owner opened the door and Kate, Ben and Maddy went out of the back door of the candy store.
The owner of the candy store waved goodbye to us and said, "I will see you on Kate's birthday". Kate, Ben and Maddy were safely out of the candy store now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!