Dark To Light

Once upon a time in a delightful and vibrantly colourful place called Candyland lived a brave, strong and kind eight year old girl named Billie. She had stunning ocean blue eyes and her hair was as golden as the shining sun. She wore a shimmering emerald necklace, an eye catching green and black top and sporty white shorts. Billie lived in a grand and giant house that was surrounded by a magnificent glassy and sparkling lake.

Unexpectedly to Billie, one day her lovely family had to move because of their jobs to a dark, miserable grey land called Shark City. She desperately missed her luxurious home and life at the lake. Everyone she met in this new and sad place was terribly mean to her and her brother. Billie never knew how to respond to these horrible people so she would always run back to her black, trapped tower.

One night Billie was trying hard to sleep but couldn’t. The evil and mysterious man that her parents were working for silently crept in to Billie's cold and empty room. He was greedily trying to snatch her powerful and magical necklace from her hand that she was clutching tightly. Billie suddenly spied his nasty face that was as frightening as a creepy witch. She screamed as loud as she could hoping her parents would hear her...but they didn't. Suddenly the magic from her necklace filled her hands with sparkling red fire balls that spun around the room and shot the wicked man with great force.

Something AMAZING happened!! The fire balls kept wildly bouncing everywhere and transformed the man into a kind and smiling person. The whole of Shark City now became like Candyland filled with vivid, bright colours and happiness for everyone. Billie's heart filled with joy. This was just like her old home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!