A Cold Day On The Beach

Swoosh! The waves crashed into the rocks as the frosty breeze blew against my face creating a light trickle of water. The wind gave me goosebumps while making my teeth chatter. The sand was starting to form a thin glacier and was accumulating sand as the force of my feet was holding it down.

Today, unexpectedly I went to the coastal beach to appreciate the extreme warmth from the intensely glowing sun beams and the refreshing cool waters of the sea. It was a fine sunny morning until the bright scintillating sun had disappeared all of a sudden and everything felt like it was going to be a day in Antarctica with heavy snow chunks piling up into prodigious snow castles. The waves impacted the temperature of the sand and instantaneously the flaming hot sand became a massive floe. My legs immediately thrusted in the frosty sand for as long as what seemed forever.

It was a bewildering mystery and my eagerness grew every second to solve this mind boggling investigation. Until… I pinched myself so hard that I might have even compressed my blood, but it was a dream all along!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!