Magic Disaster

He looked over the hazy horizon plotting his revenge. The house opposite stood still and time had not changed it. Were the same owners still there? He did not know. Was that invisible German Shepherd still guarding it fiercely? He did not know? Why was he so protective? He did not know. Was there still treasure in the house? He did not know. The mere fact he had returned sent chills down his spine and a cold breeze flooded over him as the memory of the past came back to haunt him.

I have to tell you a secret though. Magic is real! But not just any magic, cooking magic.
I know it sounds crazy but it’s true. I am trying to cook the right spell to find out what the dog is guarding.
I have been working on this for a year and six months. But the dog is now concerning me that she’s under a spell. Ten minutes she is out there, the next ten minutes she’s gone. It’s creepy.

I grow magic vegetables like carrots and broccoli, and beans. But there’s one vegetable I don’t have that I need to grow. Capsicum. Not just any capsicum, cedronian capsicum. I can’t just ask the lady at the shop for magic seeds though. I have to ask my grandma. She’s the only person I know who has magic in her blood.
I don’t know what will happen if I put capsicum in my recipe because Grandma said something bad happens after you use it. I kind of wish that another friend of mine knows about magic so we can do it together and so I am not all alone.

I am a competitive player, a perfect, really clean cook. I have a really big kitchen to cook in and a magic cookbook with spells in it. It is kind of fun being a protector of the book though.
I go to my Grandma's house so we can make the soup together. I hear the pot bubbling and see the steam rising up to the roof. I see one piece of carrot bubble up to say hello.

The next day I brought the soup to Grandma’s house with the capsicum on top of the lid. Grandma and I have a special knock so we know that I am here about magic. I knocked on the door six times and she answered it knowing it was me. “Oh hi Jeremy,” Grandma said. “ Hey Grandma, let’s try the soup.

Grandma and I are about to put the capsicum into the soup. I put one slither in and I waited for something to happen 1 2 3…..



Grandma vanished. NOOOOO!!!!!! I yelled but it was too late she had already faded away. Now she is gone. He crumpled down to the ground like a can getting squeezed too much and started crying. He felt terrible. I did all this soup stuff for one stupid vision but I lost my Grandma instead….





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!