Edward The Invisible Man

Edward was invisible and very lonely. People would pass him in the street and just ignore him. This made Edward very sad.
Every night Edward went home after work and sat down on his bed wondering if he would ever have a friend. For years Edward longed desperately for a friend.
One day, on his way to work, he passed the playground. There were two young girls playing together cheerfully. Seeing how happy the girls were together, made Edward feel even more lonely. As he crossed the road, a little boy riding almost crashed into Edward because he didn’t see him! No one noticed him walk into the office at work either. This made Edward very, very sad and he slumped down onto his desk.
Just as he was in the middle of feeling bad for himself, a hand tapped him gently on the shoulder. Curious, Edward spun around to see a girl dressed in a pale blue dress carrying a briefcase. She had long, golden hair that gleamed from the light shining through the window and a kind, friendly smile.
“You can see me!” Edward cried in disbelief. The girl grinned.
“I am invisible too” she told him. “My name is Elizabeth
For the rest of the day, Edward and Elizabeth worked diligently together. Only stopping briefly to grab a snack from the kitchen.
After work, Edward invited Elizabeth to his house. She gladly accepted and they walked home together.
On the way back to his house, two young girls were playing in the playground. Instead of being his lonely self, Edward took Elizabeth into the park and they sat on a bench seat, under a shady oak tree and chatted for what seemed like hours. As they were leaving, a little boy, oblivious to Edward’s presence rode straight into him and knocked him over. Elizabeth held her hand out to Edward and helped him get up. Edward smiled at Elizabeth, seeing the kindness in her eyes. When Edward and Elizabeth finally got home, they watched a funny movie late into the night.
Edward realized that he had finally got the friend he had always longed for and he was very happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!