Many Children Walk.

Many children walk. Walk to the fiery calls of the eagles, bearing mighty chests in the upside down sky. Glimmering like the moon, the water waves to the children. “Come, come!” it shrieks out, “come enjoy my silky smoothness, splash in my regrets, swim in my sorrow, and dive deep into my guilt.” Ears blocked with juvenility, the children entered the scheming cloth of “paradise”. They splashed with the whales, swam with the fish and dived with the dolphins. All was convivial until the moon rested. The eagles were carried to the skies and when the sunlight arose from its doona, revealed what truly endeavored. What lay the night before as a kingdom of solidarity was now a dry, lumpy, sticky pool of tenebrosity. Much to the children’s fright, the heat started to dry their skin. Shriveled dates, the children tried to run but found their path blocked with mounds of plastic and rubbish. They tried to scream but hot and smelly gases terrorizing the air stole their breath. The oil carried up their ankles like a vacuum seal, further and further to the very tips of their hairs. Old plastic bags slithered around their throats.
If you would come to this place you would see nothing but a modern-day beach. But if you saw suffocating children drowning in oil would you help?
Don’t you think they deserve your help?
Don’t you think they deserved a future?
Are you helping?

And so their bodies shall sink further and further down the bottomless ocean, empty graves buried with flowers and innocence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!