Ocean

The moon scintillated in the jet black blanket of space. The little boat floated across the vast ocean of still water, bobbing up and down as it crossed through the sea. Pale moonlight shone down on it, lighting up the way.

It came unnoticed, its black clouds drifting through the air, until it came to a stop, right above the boat. Then, without warning, the water started to churn, and raindrops started pelting them from every direction. Prodigious, precipitous waves formed and knocked the boat from one side to the other. Lightning struck down, narrowly missing the boat, zapping the water beside it. The little boat, still bobbing up and down(,) was pushed through the vast sea, water engulfing it as a massive wave crashed over them. The boat floated above the water, its crew drenched and half-drowned. The storm turned into a hurricane, shooting raindrops in every direction and lightning striking down everywhere it moved. It seemed to be mad, seeking revenge for a fallen sibling or parent.

The storm went on, even more furious than before. The water shook and churned while an endless downpour went on above. It was like The Kraken or Moby Dick had been enraged by something, and emerging from the depths of the ocean, whilst causing a catastrophe up above. The little boat rocked from side to side, wind blowing with force from both sides. The boat was pushed far out to sea, with almost no hope of survival. The storm raged on and on, seemingly without an end. The waves kept coming and the wind kept blowing, while lightning stuck down beside them.

Then, suddenly, the waves foundered on the surface of the water and ebbed, and the ocean suddenly seemed calm again and nothing had happened. The boat was left in the middle of who knows where, but the determined but drenched crew set off towards home, although they didn’t know they were thousands of miles away from the mainland.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!