Olympic Dream

The water rushed between my toes and brushed the soles of my feet,
The sun reflected into my eyes, it pierced with such great heat.
And so on I went into the surf, water flicking into my face,
Paddling to get to the lineup, prepared for the competition race.

The waves were sharp and angry like a shark needing a feed
But I conquered each wave with speed and ease and rode straight into the lead.
My score was good but would it be enough? Victory was life or death.
The siren blared, my heat was done, I paddled in and gasped my last breath.

My mind was in overdrive and my heart was full, I had done the best I could.
I had faced my nemesis and all adversity and their clutches I withstood.
Over the loud speaker I heard my name, I wondered what it could mean?
As I stood on the winners podium they announced I’d made the Olympic Team!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!