Sam And The Lost Soul

Sam was a boy that of 11 years of age. He had a younger brother who was quiet and gloomy. He was depressed, and as Sam liked to say, a lost soul. Sam’s younger brother, Jack, was 8 years of age. Jack had no spirit left inside of him and this was worrying news to all Jack’s family members.

Occasionally, Sam’s family would play a board game or go for a walk to cheer Jack up. Sadly, nothing seemed to work, and Jack was as miserable as he had ever been. But one night, Sam thought up such a sensational plan that should do the trick and turn his brother back to normal.

The next day, Sam knocked on his brother’s bedroom door. There was no answer. “Jack, I know you are in your room so open the door.” Sam yelled. Suddenly there were footsteps, then the door opened and there appeared Jack. “What do you want?” replied Jack, his temper slowly rising. “What I want is for you to get out of your darkened room and listen to me,” responded Sam. So, Jack stepped out of his room and decided to listen to his big brother.

“Lately you have been so upset and won’t talk to anyone.” Sam commented. “But I don’t understand, what made you a lost soul, because a couple of years ago I thought you were the most excited kid in the world. What happened to you?” questioned Sam. Then Jack explained why he has been so upset and melancholic lately and it all made sense to Sam. Apparently, Jack was so miserable because of Covid 19 and how it has affected so many people throughout the two years.
Sam had a trick up his sleeve that he was going to mention to his brother. “Jack, I have a way of stopping Covid 19 from ever happening because I invented a time machine.” Sam told Jack. “Really?” Jack replied. They jumped into the time machine and set off to find the first people that had spread Coronavirus in 2019.

Sam and Jack arrived in China where Covid was first detected. After a long search trying to find the first Covid 19 patient they finally found them. “No, stop you are about to spread Covid 19, also known as one of the worst diseases ever known to mankind,” Sam said in slow motion to emphasise his act. “Really?” The man answered back and stopped. “Now, my brother and I really need to go back to the year 2021, so whatever you do, remain still and cease what you were about to do.’’ “Go and visit a doctor,” instructed Sam. The man agreed then the boys disappeared.

They returned home and realised everybody was outside without a face mask on. This put a big grin on Jack’s face, the biggest one his parents had seen in a very long time. Sam now knew that they could all be a happy family again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!