A Dream To Disaster

Mill was a young farmer living on a moisture farm in the 16th century, after Mill’s father died Mill took over the farm. He had heard some old keepers saying to each other that this drought will never end. Mill was devastated to hear that no animal had water, so he prayed hard that night. When the rain started all the farmers ran out dancing in the rain. Four weeks went by…
Then the dream turned into a disaster, Mill pushed through the mud hoping to see hope. But all he saw was calves crying and screaming as they drowned. Mill looked back at the moisture farm. Tears were streaming down his face, ‘It can’t end like this’ he thought. Mill searched for days only to see his friends and other farmers dead, then Mill tripped, layers of mud splashed into his eyes. Mill wiped the mud off his eyes then he saw a little green sprout, he closed his eyes and fell backwards into the mud knowing he wouldn’t see it again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!