FERN FREETELL

Fern Freetell was a young girl the age of nine. She was abandoned by her mother and father at age of five. Fern had remembered the two of them and had missed them since they abandoned her, for she had grown a very big bond with the two of them. Fern only had her very favourite teddy that she had had since the day she was born, she cherished it. One night Fern was sleeping holding teddy very tight when she suddenly felt a tug, she woke up really quickly and saw a very big pack of wolves staring at her, she felt so scared. The alpha wolf had snatched her teddy from her hands. The pack of wolves sprinted away so fast it was hard for her to catch up, but in the end she did. Not long after, Fern had realised that the wolf had thrown, with all its might, teddy into a close bush. She was puffed but also relieved when she finally found teddy again, until she noticed that there was two massive holes on teddy’s belly. She started sobbing holding teddy close to her until she felt something pointy coming out of one of the holes in teddy’s belly “ouch” she said. Fern still had no clue what just jabbed her so she pulled out what seemed to be a map. She read all of the places on the hand written map to then discover, that on the bottom left corner, there had been written her mother and fathers names and it said ‘’Our home is on the red cross in the firefly village come safely we were forced to abandon you we are so sorry’’. Fern was shocked and immediately thought of making a fire so she could make a torch to travel through a bit of the dark night. This was a hard process but in the end she got there. Fern travelled the forest to the next safe location, a camp resort. She told the owner of the place about what had happened with her parents and the owner, named Sally, kindly let her stay for free, because apparently Ferns parents had stayed a night at the resort and they were very close friends. Fern had stayed the night and chose to not spare any time and began to set off to the next destination. She followed the map to the next destination. She had to cross a mountain, a forest, and two rivers. Fern then found herself in a small town. This town was very beautiful, she walked straight through it and realised that she was on a dirt path leading down to yet another forest. Fern started walking through the forest when a branch that fell off of a tree hit her. It as so painful as she lifted her sleeve where she got hit and found that there was blood dripping from what seemed to be a big cut, she fainted.
TO BE CONTINUED . . .







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!