Olivia Mermaid And Her Mer-Rabbit's Adventure

Once upon a time, a mermaid named Olivia was feeding her pet rabbit, Rachel. Rachel wasn’t just any rabbit, she was a MER-RABBIT! Rachel twitched her nose. “Okay, you’re full,” said Olivia. “Shall we go find Lily and Sili?” The mer-rabbit nodded.
Olivia swam off with Rachel, all the way to the sand, and waited.
Olivia and Rachel built a tall sandcastle.
Then, a fluffy, golden foot made a paw-print in the sandcastle! “SORRY!” said Sili and Lily. “Hello!” cried Olivia.
“Hi, Olivia! Can you turn us into mermaids?” asked Sili. “Sure!” Olivia replied.
A shower of silver bubbles fell over Sili and she turned into a silver mermaid. A shower of pink bubbles fell over Lily and she turned into a pink mermaid.
All the mermaid friends happily swam and talked. Because they were talking so much, they swam into the Dark Sea instead of the Sparkle Sea!
Right in-front of the friends, a red and black sea monster rose out of the seabed!
“We swam the wrong way!” Olivia said. Then the sea-monster GRABBED Rachel and swam away, laughing.
The mermaid friends swam to the Sparkle Sea, to think how to get Rachel back. “I know!” Sili shouted. “What?!” Olivia asked eagerly. “Can you make us smaller?” asked Sili. “Yes!” Olivia replied.
Olivia hugged both of them and said a spell: “Shrink me and my friends. Take us to a scary boat wreck!” Before the friends’ eyes, they SHRUNK and WOOSHED TO THE DARK SEA! Then they saw a big ship wreck. They went inside. “Let’s get Rachel back!” said Olivia, excitedly.
They saw Rachel in a cave and swam towards her.
Then the sea-monster saw the tiny mermaids and chased them! So, they hid in a drawer and tried to come up with an idea to save Rachel.
“What was your idea, Lily?” Olivia asked.
“Let’s try to tempt the sea-monster with oysters, sand rice and seaweed,” said Lily.
Sili and Lily swam off to the sea-monster with the food, while Olivia swam to get Rachel.
“Oysters, yum!” mumbled the sea-monster, happily. Lily and Sili put the food outside the ship-wreck.
Olivia opened the cave, and let Rachel out. Olivia rushed over to Lily and Sili, cuddling Rachel. “I’ve got Rachel back! Let’s get out of here!” They swam out of the ship-wreck and the Dark Sea quickly and back to Sparkle Sea.
“Would you like a surprise?” asked Olivia. “I would LOVE a surprise,” said Sili and Lily excitedly.
So, Olivia swam towards Mermaid Castle, with Lily and Sili following her. Then they felt themselves growing into the fully-sized mermaids.
“Okay, now let’s enter this fancy-looking castle!” Olivia cried, excitedly.
There, in the room, was a picnic! There, laid out on a mat were berries, watermelon, lollies and chocolate bars.
Sili gave Rachel a toy mer-rabbit! “That’s so nice of you,” said Olivia. And then when Lily and Sili were out of the water, turned back into humans, they thought, ‘This was the best day ever!’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!