I Never Thought It Was Possible

I was lying in my bed doing nothing at all. What was I supposed to do? Suddenly, I thought of an idea! I headed downstairs and asked my Mum a question.
“Mum, can we go for a forest walk? I have nothing to do.”
“Sure,” replied Mum.
So I found my jacket and headed out the door with my family.

The forest looked different. The leaves on the trees were pink and each petal of each flower has the colours of the rainbow. It was equally bizarre and beautiful. I was intrigued.
There were also some trees with black leaves and from the center of one of them emerged a black spider monkey!
“Look!” I cried.

“Wow!” replied Mum. “I will give him an apple I packed earlier.”
Mum pulled out an apple and held it out for the monkey to munch on. The monkey didn’t even hesitate to snatch it. We kept walking but he followed us the whole way home! We didn’t allow him to come inside the house, in case he thought we were adopting him. We were hoping he would find his own way back home.

A few days later, we went out to go shopping. Outside the house on our doorstep was the same monkey! We just had to keep him because he loved us so much.

It turned out to be the best decision! As we got to know him, and him us, we discovered that he could understand English! I felt like the luckiest child in the world. We ended up naming him Nacho.

We hopped in the car with Nacho and he suddenly started jumping around frantically and whining. What was going on? Dad pulled over the car and a few moments later a huge tree came crashing down in front of the car with a big thud. If Nacho didn’t do that we would have been right under that tree. Could Nacho predict the future? When we reached home we placed 2 mats on the floor. We instructed him that the one on the right is a ‘yes’ mat and the one on the left is a ‘no’ mat. We asked him if he could tell the future and straight away he sat on the yes mat! I was extremely impressed!

And from that day on, we never told anyone about him. He was our little secret.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!