Macy's Conspiracy Theory

Macy lived an ordinary life. Go to school, do your work, talk to friends, walk home, eat dinner, do homework, go to bed. Repeat. However, this day had been different. Macy sat on her bed, talking to her sister, Rika. "Did you notice how strange Mr Lance acted today? He was so sus, man."
Rika shrugged. "I don't know, and to be honest, don't really care."
"He really was acting weird. You know, he is always so precise and strict. Today he was clumsy and very suspicious."
"I dunno," sighed Rika, "Maybe he was having a bad day of it."
"But he has never ever acted like this before." Macy looked around the bedroom, as if Mr Lance would jump out at them, catching them talking about him.
Rika looked sideways at her. "Dude, why do you have to create these crazy ideas? He's probably as innocent as you and I."
Macy looked at her sister, doubtful. "I wouldn't be so sure if I were you."

The next day, Macy kept a watchful eye on Mr Lance, watching to see what he would do. After class, she hurriedly followed him, making sure that no one was watching her, thinking she was hiding something. Mr Lance advanced into his office, in which Macy proceeded to eavesdrop. "I know, I'll be there. Don't worry. Yes, of course, don't tell him. Be careful or he'll suspect something is wrong. I'll be at the Sport Wonder store tomorrow at nine a.m. sharp. Bye now."
Macy, confident now that her teacher was up to something, rushed off to find her sister. "He's definitely up to something, Rika. It sounded like he was going to rob the store! We must stop him." Rika nodded, convinced her sister was right.
"I agree. Tomorrow, we go to the store, eight fifty-five. Okay?" Macy nodded.
"Agreed."

At eight fifty-five sharp the next day, Macy hid behind a bin in silence. Rika was on the other side of the store, hiding too. They had agreed that as soon as Mr Lance was within two feet of the door, they'd catch him. Mr Lance came in sight, and immediately, once he was near the door, the girls pounced. "Your caught, Mr Lance," said Macy, "You may as well give up. We can call the police, quick as a wink. Surrender. Now." Mr Lance looked at the two girls, utterly flabbergasted. "What on earth are you talking about?"
"Don't play the innocent. You intended to rob this store, I heard it all when you were in your office; you have no need to deny it." Mr Lance smiled, an amused expression on his face. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I wasn't secretly planning to rob this store. I was planning a surprise for my son, I had to get here early so he wouldn't know."
"Uh... so sorry. We'll go now." They left him chuckling. Rika nudged Macy.
"Next time you come up with some outrageous idea, remind me of today."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!