Fallen One

“Death or life and I am in between,” were the final words of all warriors who tried to slay the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight was a despot. Born in the midst of darkness, the Dark Knight was a villain many never overcome. Jacob was going to try, even if it cost him his life. “You may feel the wrath of the Dark Knight. Beware.” were the words of the King when Jacob said he would leave. But he ignored this and charged to the dark Knight.

He was in the Village Of Luck, where it is known that the Dark Knight appears to take hostages. Jacob had to stay out on the streets, waiting for the Dark Knight to appear and attack. People were giving Jacob looks, because he was from the Kingdom Of Raiders, which is not welcome in the Village Of Luck, as they once raided the village. Soon, the darkness swept and Jacob could see the silhouette of someone with a scythe wandering around. It was the Dark Knight.

Jacob staggered for seconds, until he pulled out his sword. He attempted to stand, but an unknown force kept him down. Jacob lunged forwards to wound the Dark Knight, but the sword was no match for the scythe. He got shot up into the air and came back down as fast as a bullet. Then, he lay unconscious on the barren ground.

Jacob woke up in the hospital in his own kingdom. “You stupid kid!” roared the King as Jacob woke up slowly, “You
failed!” Jacob was thrown outside the kingdom and was told never to come back in. Soon, Jacob was in the Village Of Luck, and was working as a blacksmith. He forged swords. He was so poor, he could only afford pieces of breadcrumb a day. But one day, when his master gave him spare steel to work with, he could feel the unknown force again near the steel. He forged a sword with it and planned to sell it when he remembered the force. He just knew the scrap metal was the same metal they the Dark Knight used to make his scythe.

As soon as he found this out, he quit being a blacksmith and sat at the streets of the village and waited for the darkness. Soon, the darkness came and Jacob felt the force again. This time, he charged with confidence. He wounded the Knight, which brought him down to the ground. Jacob was also wounded deeply from the scythe and was bleeding. The Dark Knight was stabbed again by Jacob. Jacob stabbed again. Soon, the Dark Knight died.

As there was a curse on the blade, it didn’t let Jacob heal. Soon, Jacob passed away. “Death or life and I am in between” were the final words of Jacob. He now lies in his kingdom and is known for killing the Dark Knight. Jacob will never be forgotten and will be forever respected in the Kingdom Of The Raiders.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!