Dark Forest

The Dark Forest was a cold and wet forest. The clouds were dark and the rain was heavy. Next to the trees, was a large dusty cave. Three cats lived in it. Beside the cave, was a shining crystal lake. Another part of the Forest was dark and gloomy. Rogues lived there.

Clover Pool headed for the maple trees, his grey tail swishing to and fro. A large rabbit was dangling from his jaws. Tiger Stripe and Slither Paw will have more to eat today! He thought. Blue eyes gleaming with pride, Clover Pool trotted into the woods.

The grey tom headed out into the deeper, darker side of the forest. He loured, am I heading the right way? He sniffed the air to taste for scents. Something’s here..Too close though...Clover Pool looked down but he bumped into something hard.

Sharp razor fangs bit into his pelt. He screeched in pain as the fangs dug deeper into his flesh. Blood streamed from the edges of the wound.”Help!” It was too late. Everything went blurry and darkness closed around him.

“Clover Pool! Clover Pool!” It was Slither Paw! “Oh good you are conscious,” the brown Tortoiseshell she cat was staring at him with anxious green eyes.”Are you okay?” she asked. With all his might, Clover Pool managed to bob back onto his feet. Slither Paw led Clover Pool to the den where Tiger Stripe was waiting, his black and orange pelt spiking.
”I’d better give you a checkup”. Slither Paw mewed gently. “It’s okay, Clover Pool. Tiger Stripe won’t hurt you” she assured.

“Clover Pool,why did you go into rouge’s territory? You put Slither Paw and yourself into danger, what were you thinking?” Tiger Stripe hissed.
“I..I” Clover pool couldn’t think of words “I’m sorry Tiger Stripe”
Darkness awakened.

Clover Pool hardly slept, his thoughts rushing in and out. “Slither Paw! Slither Paw! Is Tiger Stripe angry with me?”She looked at him with tired green eyes, “No.”
“Stop annoying Slither Paw, Clover Pool. Anyway you didn’t bring prey back, and this time we’re going to kill the rogues together.” Tiger Stripe growled.
Clover Pool could hardly believe his ears, “Let’s go!”

The dawn chill had already faded by the time Clover Pool, Tiger Stripe and Slither Paw left. They were heading towards rogue territory, Clover Pool sniffed a familiar scent. A black Tom emerged from the maple bushes. Beside him two cats snarled.
“Puddle, Wind and Star” Tiger Stripe scowled “If you want the territory you’ll have to fight for it.” Simultaneously all cats plunged forward aiming blows at each other.

Puddle leapt forward aiming a scratch at Tiger Stripe’s face, but Tiger Stripe was faster he dodged and slashed Puddle’s throat. Blood gushed out, Wind and Star couldn’t believe their eyes. They ran as fast as they could.
“This isn’t the end,” Star shouted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!