Quest For The Land Of Broken Dreams---Prologue

Long ago, when the land of Celestry was in its dark ages the goddess of wishes Imogen was sent there from a land beyond to grant 100 wishes of people who had lost all hope. It was one wish per person. As she travelled and granted wish after wish she found that almost everyone asked for things that only benefited themselves, never anyone else. When Imogen went to the last person however, she was asked to grant a wish she had never fulfilled before let alone even been asked. Her last wisher asked for a dust to be created and stored away so in the future a person deserving of the dust would be able to reach it and grant a wish. They called the substance the dust of wishes. The wisher also said that the dust was not to be stored in the over-world, but instead in another dimension. The dimension that was requested for the dust to be hidden in was the land of broken dreams. The realm where Imogen hailed from. It was the place that all the wishes that could not be granted by a normal person went. Many were bad ones like people wishing to kill one another but the really important wishes were granted by Imogen. For many centuries Imogen guarded the dust waiting for someone to find out about it and come for it but no one did. On the precipice of despair, a small bubble containing a very important wish drifted towards Imogen. It belonged to a girl no older than 12. And this wish was a bit of an important one, but who it belonged to was a totally different story…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!