Eel Aras

Have you ever gone to get some ice cream and went over to Sara Lee and when you enter you feel a chill behind your back? You check the back freezer, the door having been left open you decide to enter, the door closes behind you. Your body starts to freeze, your eyes close, glimpsing an escape, but before you can get there you faint, losing yourself in your thoughts the world turns and shifts around, leaving you clueless and with no sense purpose. If you have no Idea what I’m talking about stop reading before you get confused, because this has happened to me here’s my story.

I awoke to a whole new environment, a huge forest with a stone path leading towards a frozen river. Walking down the path I felt scared, but I kept walking, crossing the ice and I continued along the path. A strange building appears in front of me, and a blurry figure enters the store it seems familiar, but I just didn’t how. The sign above the store is strange it appears to saying “Eel Aras” I decide to follow the figure into the building, they walk behind the counter, to the back freezer and slowly faint then FLASH! I mysterious see myself and the figure but less blurry fusing into one like we’re the same person and two roses.

The strange vision ends and I’m in the forest canopy and I seem to have one eye permanently closed. Walking across the leaves tingles my feet as I feel eerily close to something I’d been missing my whole short life. A realisation hits me, the figure was me, I was re-seeing memories from another perspective Eel Aras was Sara Lee, soon realising that if I didn’t find my other half I might be stuck here forever. Horrified by this possibility I ran faster then I ever had, I felt free. I stopped at two roses, one pure white and the other a dark yellow, grabbing the white rose as I walked past.

I heard rustling, looking behind me the yellow rose was GONE! Confused I ran away hoping I would find my other half, luckily I did. The other me held the yellow rose tightly in the palm of our hand. My plan was to simply walk to the other me and join back together, but how? I knew I had to fuse together, but how was the issue. Puzzled by this thought, I ran towards myself and he started running too. Then we stopped right In front of each other, just staring, just waiting for something to happen, everything faded black. I was back in the freezer, I went through the exit I saw earlier and left Sara Lee, never to go back. Well I did go back once as I wrote this book, throwing it into the freezer to help other trapped people. Hurry to find your other half or you might just be stuck there forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!