The 4th Dimension Adventure

Our neighbours were about as average as a neighbour can be. They wake up, walk their dog, come home, and cook breakfast. Our family would also be waking up to the sounds of birds chirping and like our neighbours, walk our dog and come home to cook breakfast. This would be the routine for about any other day, until yesterday, where our neighbours, turned into ones with mystery after I found out they kept interesting things.

As mentioned, the day would start normally, except when I walked out of our house, our neighbour wasn’t coming out, which was weird, considering we liked to walk the dog together, but I didn’t think much about it, as they might’ve just gone out earlier than us.



Even when I came back from walking the dog, there wasn’t the smell of their fresh, delicious bacon and eggs. Again, I thought nothing of it, as I still thought they woke up earlier, as they sometimes do go to work earlier than normal.

I started worrying when they didn’t come home by 8:00 pm, as it was later than they would normally come home, so I made the (now regretful) decision to investigate.

I cautiously opened their front door with the key I was entrusted with and started looking around curiously. Their house looked just the same as the last time I visited them, except this time I saw their bedroom door open, which is weird, considering they like to lock their doors firmly whenever they go out. I went through the door and saw an open wardrobe.

I decided to go in after thinking about “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe”.

I got launched into the (presumably) 4th dimension. It’s turning into your average adventure story now. In my understanding, the 4th dimension had inverted colours, and weird terrain, that goes smooth and then suddenly unpassable.

After travelling for a little while on unstable terrain, I stumbled across a cave. It was tiny, but I needed to find a way out of this place, as it turns out that wardrobe is only a one-way entrance. I decided to sleep in the cave, as it was night
The next day, I woke up early, like I always do. It seems like this world has the same time zone as we do. Moving on, I was hiking up a mountain when I saw our neighbours, doing the same thing. I decided to follow them, up the mountain, and there was the exit.

There are also many other events that I did not mention in this story, and it is because I currently have a word limit. Getting that out of the way, it certainly was a tedious journey trying to get through that 4th dimension. I'm still recovering from an injury I obtained on my way back to the normal Earth dimension. However, I do hope you liked the story, and take this as a lesson to never be too curious in your neighbour's house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!