The Day I Turned Into A Dinosaur

Excellence Award in the 'Play On Words 2021' competition

That day started like any other, I woke up and did a big stretch and yawn. Something was different. When I stretched my arms felt shorter and when I yawned there was a funny growling sound and it smelt like a full bin being opened. I turned to say good morning to my sister who had woke because of the growling sound, but she just screamed and ran away from me. That’s a bit strange I thought and I called after her “It’s just me” I said. My tummy started to rumble with big loud noises and so I headed to the kitchen for breakfast. Each step I took made a crash and a bang and the walls shook. Somethings not right I thought. I headed to find my parents but when they saw me they screamed and hid under the cover of their bed! Then I saw my reflection in the mirror. I realised I had turned into a horrible dinosaur! I had big green scales like a crocodile, bright orange eyes like fire, sharp purple prickles on my back, and big sharp yellow teeth. No wonder everyone was scared I thought. I have an idea, and with that I headed out to the park. As I approached the park it was full of children, roar I shouted and everyone ran away. I was so happy that I got to play on all my favourite things with no one else around. Next I headed to my favourite cafe. As I approached I shouted roar again and everyone ran away. Yes I thought as I ate all the cakes and ice cream. Then my tummy began to hurt and I felt lonely. I wish I had Lucy here to play with I thought. With that I headed home stomp, stomp, stomp. As I knocked on my door I was scared that my family wouldn’t know it was me and send me away. As I looked in the glass I realised I had turned back into Ava phew I thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!