Roman Meets God

Excellence Award in the 'Play On Words 2021' competition

One day a boy named Roman was sitting on a bench when he noticed God had sat down beside him. “Who are you?” said Roman.
“I’m God. Owner of the heavens and the earth. You must be Roman.” said God.
“How do you know my name?” said Roman.
“I know everything about everyone.” said God looking at Roman. “I know what you did today.”
“Oh really?” said Roman as he started to look sus.
“Yes really, you had to do morning schoolwork but skipped it and played on your PS4 (PlayStation4) while nobody was looking and got in big trouble.” said God.
“That work is too hard for me. Besides, I didn’t even want to do it.” said Roman.
“Why don’t you just give it a try?” said God.
“Fine.” said Roman while stomping off to his house.
20 minutes later…
Roman walks out the door looking like he had slept horribly. God was still sitting on the bench. “Well... How did it go?” said God.
“Horribly slow and took a long time.” said Roman as he flopped on the bench.
“It’s only been 20 minutes,” said God.
“It felt longer.” said Roman.
“Can I guess your age?” said God. Roman rolled his eyes.
“You’re thirteen.” said God.
“Great goodness.” said Roman.
“I’m smarter than anyone else in the world. No offence.” said God.
Roman’s phone then started to ring. “It’s mum. Can you excuse me for a second God?” Roman ran into his house and pressed Accept Call. “Mum, I was just in the middle of talking to someone special.” said Roman.
“Who is it?” said Roman’s Mum.
“God.’’
“Who?’’
“God.”
“How did you find him?’’
“I did not.’’
“Then how are you talking to him?”
“He just came to me and sat down on the bench on which I was sitting.”
“Ok.” Roman’s mum hung up. Roman came out of the house and then sat on the bench again.
“I heard everything you said.” said God.
“You got to be kidding me!” exclaimed Roman.
“What?” said God.
“You’re smart!” said Roman.
“What did I tell you? I’m smart.” said God.
Roman’s dog starts barking. “Oh yeah, did I mention I had a dog?” said Roman.
“No, but I did know you had a dog.”
“Of course you do, you want to meet him?” said Roman.
“I already know him.” said God.
“What’s his name then?’’
“Lucky.” said God.
“Do you want to meet Lucky in person?”
“Sure. I know he’s friendly.” said God.
Roman and God walked through the front door of Roman’s house, through the loungeroom, then the kitchen and then out the back door.
“Lucky, come and meet God.” yelled Roman in the backyard. “This is Lucky, God” said Roman as Lucky came running over to them. He then started licking God’s hands and rolled onto this back so that God could rub his tummy.
“He’s a...”
God interrupted Roman and said, “Dalmatian and he’s so cute.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!