The Chaos At The Rainbow-Changing Tree Lab

The smell of filthy rain water washed down the derelict houses as a midnight black silhouette hung to the shadows. It was too dark for anyone to figure out who it was, but the trail of dried blood was their first suspicion that something was amiss in their world.

As the glowing sun merrily shared its golden light, Penny made a dash for cover with her coat whispering behind her. “Good morning Miss Penny,” said a man with forget me not blue eyes.
“And good day to you Richard,” Penny slurred with a hungry grin on her face. Suddenly, Richard’s face paled with shock as he dug out cloves of garlic from his pocket and stuffed them into his mouth.
“ Stay where you are vampire!” boomed a mysterious voice behind Richard. Richard fainted as Penny sprinted to the Rainbow-Changing Tree – a science lab.

Dr Mantras, head scientist carefully poured a deadly potion into a large cauldron whilst Penny leaned against the wall disapprovingly. Suddenly, a cloud of smoke popped into existence and when it dispersed, a bat flapped towards the door. “Grab a glass container and capture that bat,” ordered Dr Mantras. “Why can’t I get this potion to work!” he whined as his assistants slowly crept upon the bat. Penny marched into the hall and came face to face with the bat.
“From now on you will follow me and your name will be Xanthe,” Penny instructed. As the pair went to leave the lab, the determined Dr Mantras swiped at the bat, knocking down a potion which caused a black out.

When the light returned, red blood stains covered the silky white cloaks of the scientists now sprawled lifeless on the stained floor. “What have we done Xanthe? What have I become?” questioned Penny.
“I was so angry with the world for what I had become, but that is not the fault of the scientists who now lay here,” reflected Penny.
“Should I walk out of here to be captured? Or should I accept I am now a vampire?,” considered Penny as she slumped towards the floor.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!