The Trip

The year was 2003 at Southern End Hospital. The day was the 7th of March in room 17A. There was a crib with a baby which was soon to be adopted. “So, is this the baby?”, the mystery woman said. “Yes, this is the little girl”, “So are you going to adopt her?”, asked the doctor”, ''Yes, I would definitely like to adopt and raise her”, whispered the mysterious woman.
Years went by and the woman was calling out.
“Ally wake up, you have that camp tomorrow”. “You will also have to pack for that before you go”, said Ally’s stepmother. As Ally woke-up she yawned and replied, “I will pack after I have breakfast”. After breakfast Ally packed her bags so she would be ready.
Later that night at 7:49pm, Ally and her step mum had dinner. Then Ally got ready for bed so she could wake up early so she didn't miss the bus to camp.
She woke the next morning at 5:30am because she was excited. The bus was due at 6:35am. Ally had her breakfast and got ready. She grabbed her suitcase and bag and popped it downstairs.
Ally’s stepmom woke up 20 minutes later. She got ready while Ally was on her phone talking to her friend.
Then what seemed like minutes later, (but was one hour), the bus came.
“Mum! The bus is here I will be going!”, said Ally. Ally’s stepmother came outside and said, “Ok have a safe trip, I love you”. Ally picked up her bags and boarded the bus.
One hour later Ally and her classmates and of course her teacher got off the bus. To their surprise the hotel was big and fancy. They all went inside and got their rooms. Five people were in each hotel room. Ally felt upset that the teacher got a room to herself.
Ally got over that quickly because then again, she could spend more time with her friends. Minutes passed and they were about to go to their first activity. They all went out of their rooms and went to the bottom of the stairs where the teacher told them to wait. “Ok class there will be different activities”. “The following people must go with Amanda”, said Miss Brown. Everyone was hoping to be with some of their friends, but it turned out, that wasn’t the plan. “Ally, Adrian, Noah, Ziko and Tilly you're with Amanda”, said Miss Brown.
Ally didn’t even get to go with my friends. She was a bit annoyed but at least the activities were fun for hours and she made some new friends. Soon it was bedtime, and everyone went to their dorms.
Days later it was time to go back home so everyone packed their stuff. Ally was in her dorm making sure she wasn’t going to forget anything, but the bus left and Ally got left behind. She called her mum and her mum picked her up.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!