Lost

I survived another day of torture and the sounds of people tapping my chair. This would have worked months ago but now I can ignore it. My hands are twirling around with my pen and my eyes are struggling to stay open. Mrs Polly, our science teacher, is trying to teach us about ecosystems, but her voice is being dragged away by the loud sounds of construction. I am now glaring outside the windowpane, looking at the men with an orange vest and a yellow helmet. Finally the sign of relief. The bell’s ringing sound was travelling through the hallway. Everyone rose up from their chairs and took off.

Behind me, I can hear thundering footsteps,

“Hey, Coby!” Peter Higu was now right in my face, “You forgot something back there!”

Peter was holding up a dark blue book with the word diary. I reached for it but he was too tall.

“Give it here Peter, I mean it!” I shouted.

Next second Peter was flicking through the pages of my diary.

“Oh look, you have written about me. ‘Peter is a no-good stinky rat who has no business in life’. Kinda harsh hey? ‘Dad gave me a note from Mum. I really miss her every single day, ever since she left I have been feeling lost. I will never forget-”

“ENOUGH!” I had hands-on his shirt lifting him up from the ground, “Give it here PETER!”

Fire burned brightly in my eyes. In the corner, I can see Mrs Polly walking out of the classroom that we were in.

“You 2, COBY LET GO OF HIM!” She shouted running towards us.

I let go reluctantly. In disgust, Mrs Polly took the diary from Peter's hand and dragged both of us to the principal's office. In front, the chair slowly turns around to face us. I gazed into the ginger brown eyes of Mr Hungary.

“Well, I have already made a phone call to both of your parents and they should arrive soon. We’ll discuss what punishments should be given and reflect on your actions. Coby, let's start with you.” Mr Hungary’s voice was deep and each word was led by a dark tone.

Mrs Polly and Peter leave the room, and silence falls in the afternoon air. Next second there was a gentle knock on the door. As I turned around to see who was there, everything stopped. My eyes filled up with water and it dripped down my face.

“Mum!” I ran to hug her. Her flowery scent and gentle touch were like all the memories filled into one. After 5 years she returns. The lost feeling inside me was gone, it was filled with joy and happiness. Feeling lost happens for a reason and it may take a long time to find why you are feeling like this. Never lose hope and always have courage. For then you will find your light and never feel lost again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!