Our Story

There are two wolves fighting, one represents all things good, love, hope, compassion, the other represents all things bad, anger, envy, maliciousness, which one will win? People say we have the choice of choosing two roads in our life. But I don’t exactly see it that way. I say we have many roads to choose from in our life, but like a tree that use to grow from one trunk, it diverges and forms into many. We start on one path, but at the end of the day we must decide which path (out of the many) we want to take. We were given this life to live it well, to cherish every moment we have of it. My point being we make ourselves who we are, we are in control of what we do, our every action and decision determines our story.
You may see the sky as a fold of blackness, but study it closely, break through the illusion of darkness, and you can find yourself among the wonder of stars. It’s all about those little things, if only we focus on them more, we finally see how beautiful they truly are. We have this life that was given to us, these people we meet along the way, these new experiences waiting for us, knowing who we want to become, and what road we want to travel on. It’s only when we decide to take that first step along this journey, that we finally live life choosing the best versions of ourselves.
There are two wolves inside of everyone, representing two sides of a person, like light and dark. We may start on one road and must choose from the many, but we will always come back to the same question, which wolf will win. Our story, this life we can write it in so many ways, that’s because we weren’t born to fulfil a destiny, to become someone. We have the pen to tell our story, no one else, we choose which wolf we want to feed, no one else. Because in the end the only person that has the capability of stopping us, is, ourselves. We can choose to be someone with great kindness, it doesn’t take that much, or we can choose to be someone with hatred and malevolent, also it doesn’t take that much. But which wolf are we willing to feed? Which path are we willing to take? What type of story are we willing to write?
Our story can talk about many things, but one thing is for sure, we and only we are allowed to write in it. We are capable of so much more than we think, but sometimes it’s about seeing them from a different angle. We only get one chance at this life, with these new people, experiences, and environments. So, live it well knowing that you have chosen the right road, fed the right wolf, become the person you want to, because this is our story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!