The Little Dragon

KABOOM! Fire balls being catapulted, dragons destroying houses, what could be worse? I was tucked up in bed wishing it was all a dream, but nothing could be as real as this. CRASH! That's when something dreadful happened. "Hey Penelope!" shouted my best friend, Olivia. "Hi Olivia" I replied. "What's popping?" She looked at me with a worried face. "I feel bad if I say this, but I was just curious about how your parents passed away" she answered. "Oh-" I said, my eyes starting to well up with tears. "They were murdered by one of those vicious dragons, it crashed and burned down my old house, I was the only survivor" I said with courage. But even though I tried to be brave and tell her, a waterfall of tears was flowing from my eyes. "I'm so sorry'' she said while she hugged me tight. "It’s ok, it’s not your fault.” Then I went to the forest, where I go when I’m sad. I was walking deeper, admiring the gorgeous flowers on the way, when I saw something that made me stop. Tiny white scales were scattered on the floor. My mouth was open in shock. A terrible thought crossed my mind. Could the dragons be back!? "No, no Penelope, you’re going crazy" a voice in my head said. I decided to investigate to stop the voices in my head. I followed the trail of scales and figured I was right. Right in front of me was a little, blue and white dragon all curled up in a ball. It had been injured. One side of me wanted to help it and the other side didn't mostly because of my parents. But then I realised it’s like humans. Not all humans are the same so maybe this dragon was nice. So, I got my scarf and wrapped it around the poor thing. It had blood all over its wing. It was fighting for its life. I took care of it for the last couple of days, not returning to my village. People would be worried sick for me, but I had to take care of the cute little dragon. After several days of treatment, the dragon's wing was looking better. It started walking out of the cave that I was taking care of it in, so I started following it. It was taking small steps while limping. That poor thing. I wish I could do something to help it. But I couldn't think of anything. I should’ve listened to my dad when he said that I should come to his job to learn how to heal people. The dragon was leading me to a wide area that had freshly chopped grass. It started digging. ‘That’s weird’ I thought. Then, it hit something that sounded like metal. I moved it away from the brown dirt and dusted it. It was a sword. Then the people started to flood in. They wanted war and that’s what they got.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!