The Terror On 15th Street

It was a quiet and silent. It felt like everyone suddenly returned to their graves. Especially the 15th street; where no one ever dared to step foot in as it was haunted by the deadly ghosts of Bilburt Manor. It was a tragic story of what happened to the Bilburt family, and the only thing left of that family was their precious mansion. Marla, who live on the 16th street, recognised that manor from somewhere. She didn’t have a clear view from where but she had visions every time she passed by.

One clear and cloudless afternoon, Marla was riding her black and grey sports bike across the street when mysteriously she heard a thud coming from the Bilburt manor. She didn’t bother caring about it and continued biking. So that night she snuck out through her white framed window and to her friend’s house. She lived on the 18th street so it was quite a walk. Her friend was blond and her name was Stacy Heart and her family had a business of making kids toys. As Marla was sneaking in through the front door, she heard footsteps coming towards her, “Hey! who’s there!?” Shrieked Marla. “ shh, it’s just me” Stacy whispered. Then both of them creeped up the creaking stairs.

“Now be quiet, my parents are sleeping” Stacy said in a low voice. So, Marla and Stacy went upstairs to her bedroom which is right adjacent to her parents’ room. Then Marla told Stacy that she heard some odd sounds coming from the Bilburt Manor. She told Stacy that she should call the group and to meet her outside of the Bilburt Manor. When everyone transpired, Marla informed everyone that all of us should stick together, as this is the most haunted house in our town. Then a voice came from behind saying “why did you even call us to meet up here?” Marla replied “I am always having visions every time I pass by.” Then everyone took a small step into the front yard of the horrifying house.

All of a sudden something or someone was coming out of the shaded part of the house. The friends all stepped back and tried to get out of the front yard. Stacy then pointed out that there were monsters EVERYWHERE! Marla and Stacy tugged everyone out of there, but they were too busy looking at the shaded part of the manor. Marla then screamed “RUN!” They all started running whilst the monsters were chasing them. Then mysteriously Marla tripped and fell, it was like someone purposely did it. She got back up and fell. But then it got all blurry then black. For some reason her head was heavy, and heard voices like “get up please.” Marla then found herself in front of the manor gasping for air.

“Yes, she’s awake!” Marla’s mum squealed, “we have to go to the hospital now!” Then Marla replied “why”

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!