Jack In Search Of Lost Treasure

He’s bolting through the thick, muddy forest as he is being chased by the spotted big cat. He ran as fast as he can, not knowing when the big cat will stop. Then suddenly he fell…
Jack is a Super-Secret Agent/S.S.A from a government spy wing. He received his new mission of venturing into a dense and pitch-black rainforest to locate a veiled treasure. He immediately starts his journey and charges in. He first came across the natural guards of the forests: plants, bugs, and animals. Even though he thoroughly prepared for all of these he still found it excruciating. That’s when a large swarm of annoying mosquitoes mobbed around Jack. He struggled to get rid of them but finally he did so. Then when he tried to move, he couldn’t. Jack confusingly looked around his surroundings to figure out what had happened and noticed that he was stuck in quicksand!
His heart beat furiously as he panicked. He thought of many ideas on how to escape but couldn’t recollect any of his lessons he had in his training. Just as his head was about to cover with the sand, he grabbed the vine which was hanging on top. He pulled with all his might and made his quick escape. He was free to go. While cursing those annoying pests he stood up and was ready to go again. Or so he thought because right at that time he promptly fell off a cliff and plummeted down to a large river.
He struggled as he tried to reach oxygen. The current in the river was too brutal and he was continuously being pushed. Fate then gave him a chance to reach a sturdy rock and he grasped it. As he was thinking danger approached. It was ginormous and scaly with teeth that would be able to shred anything and it was coming right for him. Jack felt the scaly touch and bounced on the rock immediately as the 10 foot willow green alligator tried to tear him. Jack then knew that he could just make a leap of faith onto land. Then he made the life counting leap of faith onto dry land and successfully made it then he remembered that alligators can walk on land. When he turned around to make sure it didn’t try to chase him, he saw it got out of the cold water and was right behind him. He bolted into the dark jungle and when he turned back, he saw that the reptile did not try to follow him inside. After five minutes he realised why.
That brings him to now. He tries to outrun the jaguar but couldn’t, so he knew that he had to fight. The jaguar pounced on him instantly as he stopped. He instantly regreted what he had done but still tried to brawl it. He then gave up and tried to shake the big cat off. He successfully did so and got moving again. He then found a ledge and an unusually large bump. He then knew what to do. He lured the jaguar to the ledge and quickly stopped at the bump. The jaguar had so much momentum that it couldn’t stop and tripped on the bump and fell off. It would’ve felt no harm because there was a river there. When he looked back at the bump, he saw it.
The treasure was right there! He opened the box and the jewels and precious stones were sparkling. It was such a lifetime experience for him.
He brought it back to the agency and got awarded as the Best Skilled Spy of the Year.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!