The Last Laugh

On a stormy night
“Quick rami get inside before you get hit by the hail”
Rami rushes in sparing no time the duo find themselves in a lodge marked with shadows at first rami and Jake thought nothing of it at first, they think they were lucky finding shelter. They hasten to sleep so they can outlast the storm. [ 6 hours later]
“WAKE UP NOW”
“ahhhhh are you trying give me a heart attack rami”
The room whisper quiet only for Jake to break it he peeks over to where rami is sleeping and finds her Jake startled by the fact that he heard an unknown voice as he turns back over scoffing thinking his imagination was acting up, he heard something as quiet as a mouse as he slowly drifts off, he immediately found the energy to stay up. He shriveled up like a dry grape squealing quietly to wake up rami.
“What do you want Jake I’m trying to catch some zzzzzz”
“In the shadows” Jake says as he is trying to hold his tears
Rami laughs uncontrollable “you think there is something stop acting like a kid”
“Then go and see if there is nothing there”
“Ok if it gets you to stop being a baby”
She gleefully walked towards the shadow a distorted figure popped out grinning with joy.
“Want to play a game Hehe”
“No way you give me the creeps” said Jake
“You have no choice you walked into my lodge slept here and in return you give me some entertainment its only fair to pay me back”
“It depends on what type you want,” said rami
“I want to play with your lives here you go whoever survives this match gets to leave”
The mysterious figure throws a knife near them both happily as they look at each other tearfully ready to win this.
“Before we do this what are you who are you, you’re not human,” said Jake
“Such things do not concern you all you need to know is you can’t escape”
The duo look at each other knowing deep down that they have to win but they can’t do it they both charge towards one another giving their best chance at a war cry even though their eyes are pinched closed there is tears flowing hoping they are the one to survive both almost in sync aim the knives at each other’s heart ready to sever their life long relationship as they are ready for impact rami falters and Jake gets the clean kill he opens his eyes knowing the sin he has committed. The figure in question looks at jack grinning as he pulls out his knife, he rushes jack with all his might and slit jack’s throat. He looks around blood gushing everywhere stained floors dead bodies he looks over knowing what had to be done. He walked over to grasp the mop while laughing uncontrollably and started cleaning the stained floor and throwing the bodies out.
the end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!