Why It's Good To Wake Up Late For School

“Riley, hurry up and get to school!”. That’s what my mum says every morning, even on weekends when she forgets what day it is. As I get out of bed with the beautiful rays of sun burning my eyes, I realised what time it was, and why my mum was yelling. It was 8:30 and I had to be at school by 9:00!

I shot out of bed, heart racing. I was ready faster than lightning. I ate my food while getting dressed. I could only afford to spend my time making cornflakes before running out of the door. I started running to school, but because I was stressed about the time, I took a wrong turn.

After 10 minuets of mindlessly looking for my school, I gave up on getting there on time. Honestly, I knew I would never make it. I was now in an abandoned village. While walking around I heard the faintest whimpering from inside a small building that looked like the roof was about to cave in. I quietly shuffled toward the rotting door and noticed a blue glow coming from within. When I went inside, I couldn’t believe what I was looking at. Infront of me was a massive blue furry creature that looked like a tiger with tiny sausage dog legs.
“This has to be a dream. What are the odds I find a glowing, short tiger thing. That would have to be impossible right?” mumbled Riley to himself.
“What do you want human?” said the tiger thing.
“You can talk?!” exclaimed Riley.
“Obviously”, the tiger groaned. “Humans are so oblivious, still not figuring it out.” It continued.
“Ok, let me get this straight, I’m looking at a short, blue tiger that can talk?” asked Riley. “What is your name?" Riley asked curiously.
“You can just call me NXF because we don’t need to know each other on a first name basis”.
“Ok!” laughed Riley confused.
“You can go now. I will see you again.” Said NXF.
Riley ran off to school, pinching himself.

“Riley, why are you so late! Its 12:30.” Exclaimed his teacher.
“Sorry.” Riley mumbled back.
Riley’s teacher continued to go on and on about why not to be late. The rest of the day went by in a flash because all Riley could think about was the tiger.

When Riley got home, he wasn’t expecting to go up to his room and see a small sausage dog rolling on the ground with his mum.
“Hey Riley, look what I found on the road crying to come in", giggled his mum.
“Wait, are we keeping him? Asked Riley.
“Why not? Laughed his mum.
“Yay!” Riley said, while thinking about the creature he met earlier.

Riley knew it was the tiger, but how could he explain to his Mum what had happened? He now has a cute sausage dog-disguised-tiger, obviously named NXF (whatever that meant).

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!