Kidnapped Queen, Part 1

Alex woke up in the middle of the night. The mirror was calling her again. She sat bolt upright and stared fixedly at the centre of the golden framed mirror, except, that she could not see could not see her bedroom reflected in it anymore, instead, the mirror was acting like it was a doorway to a different world. It showed stars in a crimson sky, silver grounds and pink waters and as Alex watched frozen with amazement, she glimpsed a figure coming closer and closer towards her. Curious, Alex slid silently down the ladder to not disturb her sister, Alice.

Alex crept on tip toes towards the mirror, she eyed the approaching figure cautiously. It was almost as if she was being drawn to the person sliding gracefully across the ground beneath them, as if they were floating just above the floor. As the shadowed figure drew closer, Alex saw that the person was a woman with long white flowing hair that billowed behind her like a silk cloak. When the mysterious lady reached out her hand, offering it to Alex, she didn’t think of anything, she just walked through the mirror and fainted.

Alex woke up on a soft bed with a cool, wet cloth on her forehead. She sat up looked around. At first, she thought that she was at her uncle’s house because she was lying on simple white bed in a corner of a little wooden house that had one door and two small windows that exactly replicated his house but then she noticed it was too quiet. Alex ran to the door. She tugged and shoved at the door, but it would not budge. The windows were too high for her to reach, and the door would not move.

“You’re awake now.” A voice so silky and soft that it sounded as if water itself had turned into her voice. Alex knew it was the woman she had been watching through the mirror. Slowly and cautiously, she turned around and there was no doubt about it. The speaker was the beautiful lady she had been observing through the mirror. “W-who are you? W-where am I-I?” Alex rasped. The beautiful lady said, “My name is Queen Violet; I am queen of Lunars. We reside on what you earthlings call the Moon. Who are you?” Violet asked pointedly.
“I am Alex Willow Green.” Alex announced proudly.

“YOU’RE DANIEL AND EVERLY’S DAUGHTER!” Queen Violet stared in disbelief at Alex. “Yes?” Alex looking confused. Then becoming even more bewildered as Queen Violet bowed to her. “Um, please get up.” Alex, bewildered, helped her to her feet. “You are the true queen because your sister has not inherited your mother’s magic. I was only queen because nobody knew your mother, the late queen had a child before she passed away.” Queen Violet explained as she sat shakily down on the bed. “Here, this crown belongs to you.” She pointed to a crown made of black ice.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!