Bad Luck

SALE SALE SALE, up to 85% off!! I see the ultimate magicians collection.”Mum, please.” I plead. She gives me a smile saying coarse you can. I dash through the store and grab the only one. I go to the counter, a frail and weak, blind man is slumped on his old rickety chair. “Bonjour bonjour.” I say “ Be careful otherwise it may cause life threatening situations, the right thing to do is,….AAAAAAHH!! He grabs his eye and says, most popular tower, thats all I know. 1 euro. I stare thinking about what the man said.i give a dirty look and suddenly am drawn towards it. “The pack have many powers of its own, be very cautious with it. I throw him the money and run to mum. “You look awfully like my son, only older” She says, with a puzzled look on her face. “ Mum, its me, Jake, your son!” I start to freak out, I regret this.
“ Mmmmmmmmmm no, my son is 8 years old, your almost eighteen! I look at the man at the counter, he is just a boy with shaggy clothes. I stare at the pack .I haven’t even opened it yet!! Can i just throw it, with everything go back to normal if its not in my possession? I throw it and run back to see mum. See its me! I say. She starts speed walking as if I am dangerous. I run to the bathroom, but all of the sudden, my joints are twitchy and i feel awful pain. I lean against the wall and look at the mirror. I almost faint. I have aged about 80 years in the future! “ has anyone seen my son! Mum shrieks. I crumble to the door and slump outside, enjoying the last few days I probably have left. The swiftness of everyone moving seems impossible to imagine. my eyesight weakens, my grip is slowly fading, I cant enjoy life anymore.

“It may cause life threatening situations, the right thing to do is, most famous tower, the Eiffel Tower!! I get up and crumble again. My head hurts , the ringing in my ears is getting louder and louder but I cant quiet make out the words. All the noises are making me anxious. I can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance, lucky mu chose Paris as a holiday.
After what felt like days, I reached my destination, I through the box into the centre of the tower. Energy runs through my body, I look up and everything is so much clearer, the town is so much quieter., I turn to look at the box, it’s gone. I look at my hands, all the wrinkles are gone. I jump up and down and I don't feel any pain. I am free.

Clouds in the sky swiftly form the words, defeated, and as quick as it comes, it goes. I run back feeling safer than ever.” You awfully look like my mum, only older.” I say. Oh no…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!