The Unwanted Visitor

“Oh no… Not again” Screamed Bella as she heard in the news that the lockdown will be extended for another month. Tears ran down her face “It’s all Corona Virus’s fault!” She said. Her Mum hugged her and said “Settle down my dear everything will be fine.” Staying at home has saved us from getting sick like other people and we spent a lot of time together for the first time in our life because usually we are busy at work. Bella interrupted, “But Corona Virus visited us unexpectedly and has done a lot of troubles and caused a lot of pain everywhere.”
Later, Bella called her friends Emma and Amy. “Girls! get ready we are going on a mission,” said Bella. “A mission!” Exclaimed Emma and Amy. “We are going to save the world from Corona Virus” Replied Bella. “But how can we do that? We can’t even see it!” Stated Amy. “Don’t worry I have a very good plan,” said Bella. They agreed to meet at the park once their parents go to sleep.
Bella packed her magnifying glasses that her grandpa gifted her to explore microscopic creatures in nature. Then, she filled her water gun with liquid soap and water because once her doctor said that Corona Virus can be killed by washing our hands with water and soap. To protect herself; she packed her face mask, a pair of gloves, her raincoat and her leather boots. She asked her friends to do the same.
As the darkness of the night covered the city and the moon faintly lit the empty streets, Bella covered from head to toe and using a head light, made her way to the park. She arrived first and while waiting, she decided to wear her magnifying glasses and check for any Corona Viruses in the park. Her heart was beating fast and her hands were clutched firmly onto her water gun. She started examining the playing equipment carefully one by one but she couldn’t find anything. Then her friends arrived and they continued the search together.
After a while, the girls got tired and wanted to rest on one of the benches but just before sitting Bella spotted something and after a closer look she screamed “It’s a Corona Virus! Step back girls.” Terrified, Emma and Amy hid behind Bella as they can’t see anything. Then, suddenly they heard him saying “Ha ha ha! What are you doing here?” “We are here to save the world from you,” replied Bella. “Do you think you can kill me with this toy gun?” He said. “It is soapy water,” replied Bella as she sprayed the bench. “Ahhhh don’t kill me” Screamed Corona Virus and fell dead on the ground. But Bella spotted a bunch of viruses on the other side of the bench, she stepped back and “Boom” Bella fell off her bed. “It was just a dream but I hope Corona Virus will go away one day,” said Bella.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!