The Witch Of Chester

The Witch of Chester
BOONG! As the town clock rany to arouse midnight, a young boy told a priest that Marelynn Salem and Marceline Bridget were supernatural beings.

A young madam named Marelynn walked across the dirt and pebble path with mushrooms growing from left to right, she bent down to collect them in her old raggedy faded blue dress which fell down to her calves.

She got distracted by a delightful smell. The bakery had opened ! Quickly she picked the mushrooms. and placed them in her hand woven basket that her mother, lady marceline made for her. She ran knowing that all the little kids that lived in the house near the bakery were rushing to get the fresh bread.

Surprisingly she was a minute early, so she waited there for a minute till it opened, “What would you want lil lady?” Mr Glen asked Marelynn, ‘One freshly baked Challah, please” She said politely.
“Coming right up” Mr Glen said, Marelynn got bread and rushed home.

“Ah! Dear, Your home, did you get the mushrooms?” Her mother, Lady Mareline asked calmly.
“Yes mother,” Marelynn said handing over the beech, not knowing the curtain,
Was open...
As they woke up they were tied to a stake with rope ties on their stomachs, hands and feet as well
Seeing that a boy she knew, John Willard, had probably seen them, and outed them, he stood next to the Chester priest.
“You are unholy beings, you must be burned.”
He held a lighter and lit the stake, the fire spreading. Screams were heard, their final words were screams.
You see, not every story has a happy ending
By Luka Reddy
Based on the Salem Witch Trials

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!