The Mysterious Letter

One day there was a girl named Asha.
She lived in a house on the Gold Coast with three dogs. Their names were Snickers - a miniature dash hound, Bear - a mixed breed, and Bessie - a Bull Arab. One morning, while she was giving the dogs their breakfast she heard the postman had gone past so she ran out to her mail box to see what she had got. When she opened her mail box there was a newspaper, a magazine, and a letter. The letter said: To Asha Gail Sullivan. It was meant for her because it had her address on it, but she was suspicious as it had no name from who it was from or stamp.

She did not open the letter straight away because of how suspicious she was of it, so she hid it until she new what to do with it. Then she took her dogs on a walk to the dog park. She was still wondering what to do with the letter when she saw a man in a big black hood following her. Fast as she could, she raced home and locked the doors and put stuff on the windows, then hid in her bedroom with Bessie, Bear, and Snickers. They all looked out the window and saw the man was gone.

The next day Asha didn’t walk anywhere. She got the dogs and drove in her car everywhere she went. She took the dogs home to order pizza from the shop her friend Myra works at. When Myra delivered the pizza, she saw the man again, so she told Myra everything. Asha was so afraid that she asked Myra if she wanted to move in, and Myra said yes. Asha had a spare room so Asha waited until the next day for Myra to bring her stuff over.

The next day Myra had brought her stuff over then Asha and Myra started to unpack and set the room up. After the room was finished they ordered some more pizza, watched a movie, and then went to bed.

The next morning the girls woke up. Myra cooked pancakes for breakfast then after breakfast they went to the shops and got some food. They saw the man again so they checked out their shopping and went home. Asha started to get really worried. She quickly ate dinner and went straight to bed.

When Asha woke up the next day she worked up the courage to open the letter. She opened the letter slowly and it said ‘’you have been accepted to the dog talent show’’. Asha screamed in excitement! Myra came running down the stairs and said “what’s wrong?’’ Asha explained that she had been accepted to be in the dog talent show. “Let’s get practising!’’.

The day of the show arrived and there were a lot of good dogs. All of a sudden it was Asha and Myra’s turn. They brought out the dogs and did great tricks. When they had finished, the judges decided who had won… it was Asha and Myra! When they went home the black hooded man was in their house. He took his hood off and it turned out that it was Jordan - Asha’s long-lost brother. “Jordan?” asked Asha. “Where have you been all these years?” said Asha. “It’s a long story, but I have been running dog shows,’’ said explained Jordan, “and it just so happens that I owned the one you just had won. I knew you could do it”. “Wow” said Asha, “Let’s order a pizza and you can tell me all about that long story!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!