XX,XY

“The truth hurts. It hurts, it hurts, it hurts.”

‘XX’
Two lies, one truth.
She gave her utmost in school.
She thrived on educational validation.
She was looked down on for her academic potential.

Quite often, Little Miss is perfect. The girl next door is flawless. The neighbourhood princess is beautiful.

Too textbook, it's fake.
Too modelistic, it's annoying.
Too happy, it makes them gag.

Quite often, 19 year old, Christie Wednesday, was shunned for her mere academic, axelerant gifts. She spent her time studying, in a fast paced attempt to stay on top of her work, to keep up with her extra curricular activities and to most certainly take pride in her appearance. She was bright, bubbly, and extraordinarily beautiful, with lucious golden locks, a pearl white-symmetrical smile, and a warm and welcoming personality that was determined for excellence. The world hated her. Every girl and her friend, every guy and his mate, every teacher and their friends.

“She tries too hard, such a teachers pet, how desperate”

‘XY’
Two truths, one lie.
He gave his utmost to sport.
He thrived on athletic validation.
He was praised for his athletic skill.

Quite often, He is perfect, He is flawless. He is handsome.

Just enough textbook realism.
Just enough modelistic inspirement.
Just enough happiness, it makes them laugh.

Quite often, 19 year old, Christian Wednesday was praised for his natural athletic gift. He spent his time training in a vigorous attempt to stay fit, keeping up with his extra curricular activities and most certainly took pride in his appearance. He was smart, masculine, and sociable, with curly brunette hair, a sweet crooked smile, and a warm and welcoming personality that was determined for excellence. The school loved him. Every girl and their girls. Every man and his dog. Every teacher and their pet.

“He doesn't even try and he's perfect, such a people pleaser, how perfect”.

Why is it that the majority of the world around her seemingly despised poor Christie when in reality, the same standard was given to Christian and he was praised for it?

The simple explanation behind the broken down message of her unlikeable features and uninviting characteristics was that the world, as greeted by human eyes, hated to see a young, powerful woman thrive in a misogynistic world of masculine toxicity. The truth hurts. It really does. It’s the classic definition of jealousy and the fear of competition. Women who have potential to overcome society's top standards, are often shut down in a desperate attempt to conceal the uncanny truth. It was inevitable that Christie was undoubtedly made to fulfil and challenge what the world classified as illegible. She was prepared to change the world in great positions of power but was dehumanised for her (in terminology) genetic makeup of ‘XX’.

His ‘XY’ on the other hand was seen as superior, his masculine energy magically shone through and was viewed as the best, rather than an unsolicited struggle to desire to be the best. He was praised and encouraged to reach the top.

Why are they divided? Why are they so different?
Solely because the truth hurts. It hurts, it hurts, it hurts.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!